I journal every morning and ask the same questions. It takes about 5-10 minutes of my time – a worthwhile investment
I’ve taught this process to many leaders and even created a podcast episode with a friend who took action and saw great results from journaling approach I teach.
Now I’m starting to think about how I close out each day and wonder, “Was it a good day?”
So the questions I want to ask at the end of the day have to do with the “bigger picture” of life.
These questions answer: What really matters?
Some questions you might ask yourself:
- Did I invest in a key relationship today?
- Did I get outside?
- Did I engage in something inspiring (e.g. poetry, comics, music, nature, etc.)
- Was I active?
- Did I express love to my partner?
- Was I patient and understanding?
- Was I light and relaxed vs tense and agitated?
- Did I listen more than I talked?
- Did I do something creative?
- Did I take breaks and honor the buffer zones in my schedule?
- Did I laugh?
I’d love to hear what you would add to this list of questions.