He has led seminars in leadership, entrepreneurship, creativity, and sales at Harvard, Princeton, MIT, INSEAD (Singapore), the New York Academy of Science, and in private corporations. He holds five Ivy League degrees, including a PhD in Astrophysics and an MBA, and studied under a Nobel Prize winner. He helped build an X-ray observational satellite for NASA, co-founded and led as CEO or COO several ventures, and holds six patents.
Joshua Spodek earned praise as “Best and Brightest” (Esquire Magazine’s Genius Issue), “Astrophysicist turned new media whiz” (NBC), and “Rocket Scientist” (ABC News and Forbes) and has been quoted and profiled by ABC, CBS, NBC, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. He has visited North Korea twice, swam across the Hudson River, and has done burpees every day for six years and counting. He lives in Greenwich Village and blogs daily at www.joshuaspodek.com.
Joshua Spodek Show Highlights
- How Joshua moved from Astrophysics to Leadership Guru
- The definition of entrepreneurship and how educators can use entrepreneurial skills
- You can’t help people without understanding who they are
- Put people’s interests before your own
- What Joshua learned from writing over 70 gratitude emails
- Leadership can be taught (in a practical way) and help people be effective
- How leadership is like playing musical scales
- Project Based Learning changed his instruction in college
- Don’t change the people … change the theory
- Go with what works
- People are not tools
Subscribe, Rate, & Review
Did you enjoy today's show with Joshua Spodek? If you did, then please share on social media.
School Spirit Vending: Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check.
Audible: Try over 180,000 titles on any smart device or computer. I've downloaded and enjoyed books by Charles Duhigg, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk so far.