Diane Willis has worked diligently in education for 32 years, making a difference in the learning lives of students and teachers. She is a veteran leader, serving 24 years in leadership roles in seven different elementary schools.
Diane believes an instructional leader must be present during learning moments to help discover the next best answers. She believes that professional development is within things done, said, discovered, or planned each day.
[fusebox_track_player url=”https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/better/PD_is_every_day.mp3″ artist=”Diane Willis” title=”PD is Every Day” social_twitter=”true” social_facebook=”true” social_linkedin=”true” social_pinterest=”true” social_email=”true” ]
- Tips to free yourself up to be available to be where it matters.
- TeachFX isn’t “one more thing” it is a way to multiply yourself.
- Transfer ownership to your students to liberate learning.
- Offer high quality, personalized professional development on a daily basis.
- PD is every day with these little gems that you elect along the way.
- How to be present as a leader with the “next best answers” of the day.
- Tips and tricks to not miss moments to support your staff and share goals.
- Schedule the day out and share your improvement plan for optimal team effort.
“The thing is just be there in the moment and professional development is at any moment, any time, any day, a question, any activity, if you’ve got a focus on what matters most at your school, go out and look for that. Once you find it, celebrate it, talk about it, share it, and it will spread like wildfire.”
– Diane Willis
Transform how you lead to become a resilient and empowered change agent with Harvard’s online Certificate in School Management and Leadership. Grow your professional network with a global cohort of fellow school leaders as you collaborate in case studies bridging the fields of education and business. Apply today at http://hgse.me/leader.
School leaders know that productive student talk drives student learning, but the average teacher talks 75% of class time! TeachFX is changing that with a “Fitbit for teachers” that automatically measures student engagement and gives teachers feedback about what they could do differently.
Learn more about the TeachFX app and get a special 20% discount for your school or district by visiting teachfx.com/blbs.
Organized Binder is the missing piece in many classrooms. Many teachers are great with the main content of the lesson. Organized Binder helps with powerful introductions, savvy transitions, and memorable lesson closings. Your students will grow their executive functioning skills (and as a bonus), your teachers will become more organized too. Help your students and staff level up with Organized Binder.
Copyright © 2021 Twelve Practices LLC