Philip Lanoue Show Highlights:
- How to serve every child in a school and district
- In high poverty areas, if we don’t get it right, our kids are gone
- Phil’s 3 questions every educator must ask
- List what you DO and DON’T DO for all kids. Get rid of the DON’T DO in a week
- Looking at tough data is not about beating people up
- Relationships are key and truly understanding students
- If you’re teaching, someone must be learning
- You have to make concessions if all kids are going to learn
- Adults have to take risks with kids
- How schools and districts can work with the community to serve all kids
- The role as a leader is to ask a lot of questions
- The metrics that lead to success
- Clarity vs Ambiguity
- Make decisions based on what you believe and what your community believes
- Conversation walks
Subscribe, Rate, & Review
Did you enjoy today's show with Philip Lanoue? If you did, then please leave a comment below and share on social media.
School Spirit Vending: Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check.
SSV is also giving away the Top 10 School Fundraising Ideas for 2017. Download the guide here.
- Our mission is to support people in education and nonprofit organizations to improve processes and enhance the performance of their organizations.
- Our venture is a social enterprise and their vision is to catalyze sustainable change in our society one organization at a time
- Our home city is Chicago but their work can be done anywhere in the nation and they are actively looking for clients elsewhere
- Our current portfolio includes individual schools, nonprofit organizations, small and large districts and urban school systems
- Our team represents and shares a stake with the populations we serve
- We are strategic thought partners to leaders of public sector organizations
- We ideates, builds and maintains easy-to-understand data tools using the latest analytics technology
Audible: Try over 180,000 titles on any smart device or computer. I've downloaded and enjoyed books by Charles Duhigg, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk so far.