After working in the addiction field for over 15 years both as a counselor and pharmaceutical representative, Megan Peterson knew there could be a better way that patients could get help. She took action and started 2nd Chance Counseling Service She believes that patients deserve that 2nd, 3rd, 10th, etc, chance. As long as you are willing to put in the work she will be there to help.
Certain times in life, we may need professional counseling, why be limited by our schedules, work, family commitments, and the list goes on. Megan Peterson provides an easy solution that is just as cost efficient as current counseling solutions and provides more flexibility, easy use, and offers more choices for patients. She truly believes the Telemedicine platform fits in with the future of treatment and is here to stay!
Megan Peterson Show Highlights
- Definition of telemedicine and how it can help schools (especially in rural areas)
- How schools can get involved with telemedicine providers
- The genesis story of 2nd Chance Counseling
- How Oprah’s “Live Your Best Life” brewed the creative solution to addiction therapy
- Who am I? Why me? and Kuyahanjwa-sized dreams …
- Plans change and that’s okay. Be flexible
- Drug epidemics and how it has progressed
- Helping students with addiction
- Ask the people you serve Tell me what you like and what you don’t like
- Think. Do. Get.
- Preparing for the roller coaster
Subscribe, Rate, & Review
Did you enjoy today's show with Megan Peterson? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!