Derek McCoy’s career goal is to be a part of school/district leading and learning team that will promote innovative and difference-making learning and teaching practices that result in student and teacher growth! Continuing his growth and development is a large part of him diving into his PLN and committing to helping other build their networks. Derek’s family, friends and PLN have been instrumental in his success and impact. This includes being honored with such recognitions as a 2014 NASSP Digital Principal and one of 25 NC Educators to Follow on Twitter.
Derek McCoy Show Highlights
- Derek’s definition of an incredible school leader
- Inspect what you Expect
- Be intentional building relationships
- Developing “My Understandings” group norms
- Why conflict is healthy
- Leadership can be a lonely road
- What colors & flexible spaces have to do with smiling students
- Engagement vs Empowerment (and Genius Hour)
Subscribe, Rate, & Review
Did you enjoy today's show with Derek McCoy? If so, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!
Audible: Try over 180,000 titles on any smart device or computer. I've downloaded and enjoyed books by Charles Duhigg, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk so far.