David Allyn has spoken at many national conferences, including the annual meeting of The College Board Forum, The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS), The National Partnership for Educational Access (NPEA), and the National Association of College Admissions Counselors (NACAC). He serves on the board of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) and is currently a visiting scholar at The New School.
David Allyn Show Highlights
- A career in opportunity
- How an independent school experience in DC shaped his view of diversity and access
- How a sexual revolution led to a career in educational access
- How Ted Sizer influenced David’s view of leadership and a “generosity of spirit”
- With a new, fresh, and excited outlook and changing things hurt his leadership experience
- What are your key priorities?
- The power of a listening tour
- Non-profit fundraising is all in the details
- How college admissions impacts the structure of school
- Why School? Why am I doing what I am doing?
- Students should grapple with what their education means to them
Subscribe, Rate, & Review
Did you enjoy today's show with David Allyn? If you did, then please leave a comment below and share on social media!
School Spirit Vending: Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check.
Audible: Try over 180,000 titles on any smart device or computer. I've downloaded and enjoyed books by Charles Duhigg, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk so far.