Bruce Langford has always loved helping others, and have worked in the field of bullying prevention starting in 2003. As he helped hundreds of students and adults through bullying situations, he began to use mindfulness techniques more and more to help them regain their confidence and happiness.
Bruce Langford Highlights
- Definition of mindfulness and why 2 year olds are great at it …
- How the present and judgment are related
- Mindfulness vs meditation
- How Bruce would teach mindfulness in a school
- How Bruce used mindfulness to help address bullying
- Mindfulness can help you through challenges (even in a chaotic music class!)
- Increasing your reach via a podcast
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
Subscribe, Rate, & Review
Did you enjoy today's show with Bruce Langford? If you did, then please share on social media.
This conference hosts professional learning and networking events for educators serving in teaching and leadership roles. The next WGEDD conference is October 14 and 15 in beautiful Kansas City, MO. The conference is a two-day eventsfeaturing world class learning and presenters such as Todd Whitaker, Pernille Ripp, George Couros, Kenneth Williams, Tom Murray, Joe Sanfelippo, Angela Maiers, LaVonna Roth, Garnet Hillman, Shannon McClintock Miller, and Erin Klein to name a few.
KickUp: KickUp is a professional learning data analytics company that provides an easy-to-use platform to help school leaders optimize their PD resources and efforts by:
- Soliciting and synthesizing teacher input on PD needs
- Creating an intuitive, simple dashboard of needs so leaders can take immediate and informed action to support teachers
- Measuring and reporting on the impact of those efforts over time
Schools, districts, and charter networks leverage KickUp’s platform and consultative support to synthesize data so that all stakeholders--administrators, coaches, and teachers--can monitor progress, identify meaningful professional learning actions, and demonstrate and share impact.
Audible: Try over 180,000 titles on any smart device or computer. I've downloaded and enjoyed books by Charles Duhigg, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk so far.