Dr. Allen Pratt has served as a high school science teacher and coach, a high school principal, assistant superintendent/curriculum director, executive director of the Tennessee Rural Education Association, executive director of the East Tennessee Center of Regional Excellence for the Tennessee Department of Education, and rural outreach liaison for Lincoln Memorial University. His primary interests are those issues which impact rural schools and the role of instructional leaders at the district and building levels. Dr. Allen Pratt is also involved at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga School of Education and Educational Leadership.
Dr. Allen Pratt Show Highlights
- What Allen learned about PLCs in a rural area through his dissertation
- What Teddy Roosevelt teaches us about servant leadership
- The biggest challenges rural schools face
- Develop people based on strengths and diversity
- Pick the underdog and watch him grow
- Hard copy and computer everything
- Systems help you succeed
- Slow down. Schools don’t change in 6 weeks.
- Do we have a MS / HS program aligned to the workforce?
Subscribe, Rate, & Review
Did you enjoy today's show with Dr. Allen Pratt? If you did, then please share on social media and comment below!
School Spirit Vending: Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check.
Audible: Try over 180,000 titles on any smart device or computer. I've downloaded and enjoyed books by Charles Duhigg, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk so far.