Better Leaders Better Schools guest Paul Erickson …
is the proud principal of Union Valley Elementary School in Hutchinson, KS. This is Paul’s seventh year as a building principal and 12th year in education. Paul has always summed up quality school leadership the same way he has summed up quality classroom teaching–if what you do is all about kids and taking them to unprecedented levels of learning, then you can do NO WRONG! He is passionate about creating and sustaining positive school cultures, maximizing collaborative opportunities for teachers, integrating technology, and helping others harness the power of Professional Learning Networks.
In this episode you will learn:
- How to build great relationships through 2 key tips
- When to use humor in your leadership
- Why you should extend the benefit of the doubt to everyone
- Paul’s use of a daily morning assembly
- How being “connected” helped develop his leadership style
- Why failing to disperse leadership is a key mistake
- The power of taking risks
- The power of planning each day
- How to create a mobile office
- What is group capital and why you need to know
Subscribe, Rate, and Review
Do you need accountability?
Become a Patron
Reclaiming the classroom by Trenton Goble. The school software solution to identify levels of understanding, target students for intervention, and improve learning and instruction.