Tammy Breitweiser is currently a Curriculum Coach in Northwest Indiana where she is dedicated to student achievement in 7th and 8th grade. With over 23 years of education experience, she is a reading advocate who has a passion for writing as well. During the span of her career, she has worked with pre-K through adult learners. Tammy has presented at the Indiana Computer Educators conference, the Indiana State Reading Association, and the International Reading Association.
After earning her Masters Degree in Teacher Leadership, a new opportunity presented itself and she became trained as a TAP Master teacher. In this position, she was honored to be able to have extensive training in coaching, Teach Like a Champion, professional development, and action research. Tammy Breitweiser now uses all that training in her current position in Michigan City Area Schools.
Tammy Breitweiser Show Highlights:
- Tammy’s practice of using a bullet journal
- The three questions Tammy asks that she learned from the School Leadership Series
- How Tammy used goals and self-care with the educators she coaches
- The teachers’ response to Tammy focusing on their health
- How reflection helped Tammy solve a communication problem
- What Tammy is excited about for this year
- How block scheduling improved literacy campus-wide
- The support and training offered by transitioning to a block schedule
- A cool activity you should try with your staff, “The advocate activity.”
- The power of “Magic Tupperware.”
Did you enjoy today's show with Tammy Breitweiser? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!
Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
Focuses on improving executive functioning and non-cognitive skills
Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
You can learn more and improve your student’s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
Copyright © 2019 Better Leaders Better Schools