Nancy Alvarez is the principal of Celina Primary School in Celina, TX. She has a B.S. in Early Childhood Education and a Masters. in Educational Leadership. She has 20 years of experience in early childhood education. She has taught in both private and public schools. She also has experience with homeschooling, curriculum design, professional development, instructional coaching, bilingual education, and technology integration. Her passion and specialty are early childhood education. She has presented at both state and national conferences on the following topics: STEAM in the Early Years, QR and AR Integration, Parental Involvement, Building a Powerful PLN, Learning Spaces, and Future Ready Leaders. On Twitter, she co-moderates a weekly early childhood chat called #ECEchat and blogs regularly at www.teachngwithnancy.com.
Nancy Alvarez Show Highlights:
- How to get out of the routine of observations
- Why Nancy wanted a makerspace for her school
- Incorporating more STEAM into early childhood ed
- The difference between STEAM labs and maker spaces
- The extraordinary things kids produce in Nancy’s STEAM labs
- Nancy’s “wake up call” for unplugging from work
- The importance of social emotional development for our students
- Are you learning from podcasts?
- Be positive and optimistic
Did you enjoy today's show with Nancy Alvarez? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!
Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
Focuses on improving executive functioning and non-cognitive skills
Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
You can learn more and improve your student’s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
Copyright © 2018 Better Leaders Better Schools