Kimberley O’ Brien began her career in child psychology with young offenders providing therapy for juveniles aged 10 – 16 years. She gained skills in Developmental Psychology and Play Therapy before traveling extensively to acquire cross-cultural experience with non-English speaking children. Returning to Australia, in 2000, Kimberley established her first clinic as a sole- practitioner and later launched Quirky Kid in 2007 with her partner, Leonardo Rocker. Quirky Kid has since expanded to include two clinics and a creative team of ten, producing award-winning educational resources for classrooms and clinics worldwide. Kimberley, Leonardo and their two children, Olivia (11) and Ben (7) live in Sydney, Australia.
Kimberley O’Brien Show Highlights:
- Kimberley’s why for working with kids as a child psychologist
- Tips for getting people in the mood for talking
- Why Kimberley’s office CANNOT look like a principal’s office
- The importance of a name and what it communicates …
- The Best of Friends program, a great SEL program to consider for your school
Did you enjoy today's show with Kimberley O'Brien? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!
- Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
- Focuses on improving executive functioning and noncognitive skills
- Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
- Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
You can learn more and improve your student’s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
The Conrad Challenge
The Conrad Challenge promotes collaborative, student-centered, real world-relevant learning that fosters innovation and entrepreneurship, unleashing students’ potential to create future-defining solutions and a sustainable society for generations to come.
The Conrad Challenge invites teams of 2-5 students between the ages of 13-18 to innovate new products and services that address global issues in one of six categories:
- Aerospace & Aviation;
- Cyber-Technology & Security;
- Energy & Environment;
- Health & Nutrition;
- Smoke-Free World;
- Transforming Education with Technology.
The registration process is open from August 24 to October 19, 2018 at www.conradchallenge.org.
Copyright © 2018 Better Leaders Better Schools