Eugene Park is a man of faith who trusts that all things, the good and the trials of life, happen for a reason. He is a husband to Yuna Park and father of two amazing girls. Gene has been an educator for 17 years. As a classroom teacher Gene worked in Cherry Hill for 10 years as a 2nd grade teacher, 3rd grade teacher and 5th grade teacher. He has also served as an assistant principal in Camden and Southampton, NJ for three years. Gene now serves in his dream job, as the principal of A. Russell Knight Elementary, a K-5 school, in Cherry Hill, NJ. This is his 4th year as principal of A. Russell Knight Elementary.
Eugene Park Show Highlights:
- The importance of investment in people
- Why Gene’s custodian sings “Happy Bday” kids.
- Your number one job is building relationships with kids
- Gene’s student experience
- The challenge of being a new admin and how survive those challenges.
- Every kid understands the language of L.O.V.E. (learn, observe and study, value, and empower)
- Do you surround yourself with people that know more than you?
- The problem with being a people pleaser
- An interesting model of admin support used in Cherry Hill: The cohort model
Did you enjoy today's show with Eugene Park? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!
Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
Focuses on improving executive functioning and non-cognitive skills
Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
You can learn more and improve your student’s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
The Conrad Challenge
The Conrad Challenge promotes collaborative, student-centered, real world-relevant learning that fosters innovation and entrepreneurship, unleashing students’ potential to create future-defining solutions and a sustainable society for generations to come.
The Conrad Challenge invites teams of 2-5 students between the ages of 13-18 to innovate new products and services that address global issues in one of six categories:
Aerospace & Aviation;
Cyber-Technology & Security;
Energy & Environment;
Health & Nutrition;
Transforming Education with Technology.
The registration process is open from August 24 to October 19, 2018 at www.conradchallenge.org.
Copyright © 2018 Better Leaders Better Schools