Elena Aguilar is the founder and president of Bright Morning Consulting. She has trained thousands of educators across the United States and abroad in transformational coaching and team development. She is a regular contributor for Edutopia and EdWeek Teacher and has published two highly acclaimed books: The Art of Coaching (2013) and The Art of Coaching Teams (2016) with an upcoming book titled Onward: Cultivating Emotional Resilience in Educators anticipated to release in May 2018.
Elena’s expertise derives from over twenty years as a classroom teacher, instructional coach and leadership coach working in diverse school environments. In her role as a consultant, she has partnered with leaders in public and private organizations across the United States and abroad. Elena lives in Oakland, California, with her husband, son, and two cats. When she’s not coaching or writing she enjoys traveling abroad, photographing birds, hiking, drinking coffee and reading fiction.
Elena Aguilar Show Highlights:
- How teaching her brother how to read inspired her career in education
- History was taught “numbingly boring” in her HS experience
- Addressing injustices we see in the world and education
- What Elena figured out about engagement and coaching
- Listen to kids, recognize their full humanity, and the rest is easy …
- The #1 question about coaching and working on teams.
- Wonder how to work “With them” instead of “How to get them to do something”
- The one area we don’t talk about with relationship building
- Tips for better listening
- You can build resilience starting right now
- Be wary of the stories we tell ourselves …
- How to find a coach
- Tips to saying No
“You are alive to do something about the injustices in the world”
Did you enjoy today's show with Elena Aguilar? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!
- Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
- Focuses on improving executive functioning and noncognitive skills
- Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
- Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
You can learn more and improve your student’s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
Copyright © 2018 Better Leaders Better Schools