Chris Jones has been an educator in Massachusetts for 18 years. He is just wrapping up his 11th year as a building administrator; the last 2.5 of which he has been the Principal of Seekonk High School in Seekonk, MA. Chris will be leading Whitman-Hanson High School in SY 2018-2019. Chris is passionate about continuous improvement and the idea that success is not a destination, but a process. Chris’s beliefs around the importance of a positive work environment, continuous growth, and a healthy family work balance can be seen in the presentations/workshops he has given for the MSAA and MassCue; his participation in the Better Leaders Better Schools Mastermind group; and his scheduling of a “family night” each week.
Chris is described by his current Superintendent as being “…wholly invested in the success of the school…a creative problem-solver who is able to deliberate yet be decisive, be creative yet accountable…calm and clear-headed even under the most trying of times…has built a strong collaborative and collegial school culture…he is a positive influence on teachers, teaching, and learning.” Chris blogs on a regular basis and has begun vlogging as a way to reflect on his progress, share his story, and get others to think about different perspectives. His overarching goal is to positively model continuous improvement in all facets of life by being purposeful, acting with integrity, and building character.
“Define who you are … not what you do.”
– Chris Jones
Chris Jones Show Highlights:
- His process for “Family Night”
- How the idea of “Non-responsive” started his interest in education
- You have to “own” it
- Success is a process not a destination
- The difference between “wise” and “best” practices
- If it can’t be done, generate 5 ideas of how it can be done
- Building trust especially through reflective coaching and stories
- Chris’s morning routine
- The power of Priming and Reframing
- Do you run a Winter School?
- Chris’s Mastermind Experience
Did you enjoy today's show with Chris Jones? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!
- Organized Binder is an evidence-based RTI2 Tier 1 universal level solution
- Focuses on improving executive functioning and noncognitive skills
- Is in direct alignment with the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework
- Is an integral component for ensuring Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
You can learn more and improve your student’s success at https://organizedbinder.com/
Have you ever thought, “Educators are great at collecting data — but how do teachers use that data in real time?”
- This Mastery Leadership Institute is an intensive, three-day professional development retreat facilitated by nationally recognized principals.
- Educators will be immersed in full-day workshops focused on strategies to effectively use data to target interventions, personalize learning, and evaluate instructional efficacy.
- Attendees are part of a dedicated cohort that will meet in monthly coaching sessions with other like-minded educators from across the country.
- Transform the data culture in your school and get your teachers using data in just two days, with proven strategies like the 48-hour Challenge.
- True school transformation is only possible when educators are empowered to use the data they collect to immediately impact teaching and learning.
- Learn more about the Mastery Leadership Institute including upcoming dates and locations here.
Copyright © 2018 Better Leaders Better Schools