Betsy Burris has been a teacher over the past 35 years, teacher educator, program designer, educational administrator, educational consultant, and psychotherapist. She currently combine her skills as an educator and psychotherapist to offer teachers and administrators support in making sense of the emotional and relational data that floods their classrooms. She has written a book about this work called The Feeling of Teaching: Using Emotions and Relationships to Transform the Classroom. She is in the process of figuring out how to make this kind of support — direct, experiential support that helps teachers develop their Social-Emotional Competence — a norm in the field of education.
Betsy Burris Mann Show Highlights
- How people work together to make change happen
- Rethinking behavior, emotions, and interpretations as data
- Betsy’s teacher support groups
- Are you doing damage or supporting?
- The “why” behind her work supporting teachers
- A “holding” environment and why you need it in your school
- Teachers deserve supervision (but that’s not the definition you think)
- How support groups eliminate blind spots
Did you enjoy today's show with Betsy Burris? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!
•Hassle-free, year-round fundraising for your school. With School Spirit Vending, we do all the work, you just cash the check
•Increase school spirit with custom stickers for your school and raise funds at the same time -no upfront costs, no volunteers, no selling
•Sick of the same old ways of raising money for your school? Let School Spirit Vending's hassle-free, year-round fundraising program supplement the other fundraisers you're already doing.
•SSV is also giving away the Top 10 School Fundraising Ideas for 2018. Download the guide here.