Winston Sakurai has distinguished himself as an innovative educational leader at the state and national level for over 25 years. He was recently named by the National Association of Secondary School Principals as a 2016 National Digital Principal of the Year and by the Hawaii Association of Secondary School Administrators as the 2016 Hawaii State Principal of the Year. He currently moderates a national education chat for school leaders, #PrinLeaderChat, on Twitter.
Winston Sakurai believes that empathy, empowerment and a positive environment are keys to unleashing innovative ideas to help students and teachers be successful.
Winston Sakurai Show Highlights
- Winston’s rich history and interest in becoming a principal since 3rd grade
- Students know quality educators when they see it
- Leadership is about caring
- Make sure students know you love them
- Do your best to make students successful
- Ask students how to improve the school
- You can grow future educators starting today in your school
- Give opportunity when opportunity isn’t there
- Be generous with wisdom, support, and time.
- Relationships are more important than policy and procedures
Subscribe, Rate, & Review
Did you enjoy today's show with Winston Sakurai? If you did, then please share on social media and leave a comment below!