In 2009 Trenton co-founded MasteryConnect, a mastery learning platform designed to help K-12 educators measure student growth against any set of standards. In 2012 he left his position as a principal to become the MasteryConnect Chief Learning Officer. In this role, he remains a passionate advocate for American educators, traveling the country helping schools and districts implement mastery learning.
In this episode you will learn:
- the evolution of education … maybe for the worse
- why autonomy is so important to success
- the difference between high stakes testing vs common formative assessments
- the BIG 3
- why assessments should be in the hands of teachers
- where do you place your emphasis?
- are you communicating what grades mean to your community?
- be engaged in the school
- go to where the problems are and solve them
- be patient
- why you should replace your staff meeting with 5 minute standing meetings
- want to be a hero at your school? stop wasting teachers’ time!
Subscribe, Rate, and Review
Do you need accountability?
Become a Patron
Reclaiming the classroom by Trenton Goble. The school software solution to identify levels of understanding, target students for intervention, and improve learning and instruction.