Angus Nelson reached out to me to be on the show and boy am I happy he did. One of the best parts of starting the podcast is that I’ve made more friends and have been exposed to infinitely more awesome people than when I was in my rather large “bubble” of Chicago.
I really appreciate this episode with Angus because he is so transparent … and an engaging speaker! I guess you have to be when you present to places like Whole Foods, BMW, and Coke!
During this episode we get into a lot of fun conversations around leadership, emotional intelligence, grace, and empathy. I know you are going to love it … in fact if I’m right do you mind sharing it with a friend?
Angus Nelson works with executives of the world’s largest companies as a speaker, coach, and facilitator. He’s spoken at corporate headquarters for Walmart, Whole Foods, Coke, BMW and others; hosts an Inc.com Top 20 business podcast called, “Up In Your Business”; and has been featured on Aol.com, Huffington Post, & VentureBeat. His book is called “Love’s Compass: How Do You Recover After a Lost Relationship”.
In this episode you will learn:
– model approach of leadership
– how to become more self-aware
– are you focused on the past or the future
– TODAY (The only day that’s actually yours)
– life is based in paradox
– who is the person in the mirror?
– do you love yourself?
– are you afraid of success?
– the importance of what you are learning and who you hang out with
– tourist vs engagement
– expose yourself to fear … you will grow
– why we should be like arctic musk-oxen
– what if we open-sourced education
Subscribe, Rate, and Review
Do you need accountability?
KickUp: KickUp is a professional learning data analytics company that provides an easy-to-use platform to help school leaders optimize their PD resources and efforts by:
- Soliciting and synthesizing teacher input on PD needs
- Creating an intuitive, simple dashboard of needs so leaders can take immediate and informed action to support teachers
- Measuring and reporting on the impact of those efforts over time
Schools, districts, and charter networks leverage KickUp’s platform and consultative support to synthesize data so that all stakeholders–administrators, coaches, and teachers–can monitor progress, identify meaningful professional learning actions, and demonstrate and share impact.
Audbile: Try over 180,000 titles on any smart device or computer. I’ve downloaded and enjoyed books by Charles Duhigg, Zig Ziglar, Tony Robbins, and Gary Vaynerchuk so far.